The Commission puts out ICCC Alerts when it becomes aware through its intelligence sources of products about which it should warn or remind consumers.
Here is a list items the has alerted consumers about
1. Travel scams,
2. Button batteries,
4. Scuba diving kit.
5. Small high-powered magnets.
We seek media coverage of such Alerts and distribute the Alerts widely.
Recently there have been concerns over trolley jacks. There are four different types
of trolley jacks that have been recalled by suppliers.
Unsafe or inappropriately used trolley jacks have caused vehicles to fall onto users, resulting in many deaths and injuries.
For more information, watch the “Don’t be a jackass with jacks video”.
The following are media releases in relation to consumer protection.
1. Novelty Toy-like Cigarette Lights
2. Yoyo Water-balls
3. Brochures on Banned Magnet
4. Brochure on Product Safety
5. Brochure on Product Recall
6. Nutricia Karicare- Baby Formula
7. Certain baby dummies, soothers and pacifiers
8. 2013 Christmas Toy Survey
[A link for users to subscribe]